Babysits introduces… Bookings
Do you want to book and pay a babysitter online? Now you can do it through Babysits! Read more about our easy, safe and cashless feature here. To further facilitate the contact between parents and childcare providers, Babysits launched its new feature “Bookings”. Now, parents can book and pay for a babysitting appointment with the babysitter quickly and directly through our platform.
Via Babysits Bookings you can now easily pay or get paid via Babysits, without having to worry about having cash on you or not knowing if you’ll end up receiving the money for your service.
Benefits of Babysits Bookings
Booking your babysitting appointments through our platform has its advantages:
- Both, the parent and the babysitter, will be able to easily manage their appointments and their schedules. As a babysitter, you will know exactly which days you’re free to babysit. As a parent, you will know exactly which days you’re covered when it comes to childcare and for which days you still need to find a babysitter.
- Parents will be able to make safe payments through a trustworthy platform and be assured that their money will reach the babysitter once the appointment has been completed successfully.
- Babysitters will receive a guaranteed payment through our trustworthy platform. Once the babysitting appointment has been completed, the babysitter will receive the money with 100% security. No more awkward situations between parents and babysitters because of forgotten payments.
- The transaction is cashless so, there’s no need to worry about having exact change.
- Booking your babysitting appointment through Babysits is a way of preventing fraud in the childcare industry.
- In the event of an emergency, Babysits bookings allow easy last minute bookings and cancellations, for both parents and babysitters.
How it works
Bookings is our new service that provides parents and babysitters the option of planning and paying their appointments through our website or our app.
For parents, using Bookings doesn’t have any additional charges. However, we apply a 6% fee over the price of the booking for babysitters to cover the cost of our payment system. So, that is something babysitters might want to take into account when setting their babysitting rate.
If the booking is 14€, Babysits will keep a 6% fee of that price. Therefore, the babysitter will receive 13,16€, if the country doesn’t apply any additional taxes over the transaction.
How to book an appointment
- Find the perfect babysitter to take care of your child.
- After contacting the babysitter and making sure it is the right one for your family in the introductory meeting, click on the “Request a Booking” button available in the babysitter’s profile. You can also request a booking from your inbox, the booking options will appear on the side of the chat with the desired babysitter.
- Set a date and time for the babysitting appointment and write the babysitter a message with some extra information so they can decide if the appointment and your family are the right fit for them.
- Once the babysitter accepts the booking, pay for the booking.
- And that’s it. Your babysitting appointment is confirmed and scheduled.
- Once the appointment has been completed, the babysitter will receive the money in 5 to 10 days. They will receive an email with the day we estimate the payment will be transferred.
Where to find your bookings
Once you log in your account, you can find all your scheduled bookings at the right top of the page. You’ll see a tab labeled as “Bookings” right next to your Inbox.
How to cancel your appointment
In the Bookings page, you’ll see all your present, past and future bookings. Open the booking you want to cancel and click in the “Cancel booking” button. Once you click on it, your appointment will be successfully cancelled.
The moment one of the parties cancels the booking, the other party will receive an email confirmation and a push notification of this cancellation so everyone will be properly informed of the current state of the booking at all times.